The information technology (IT) industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in Australia. Because of this, competition for excellent job opportunities has become tougher than ever, making the situation more challenging for recent IT graduates. Fortunately, the Professional Year in IT equips international IT graduates with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive in Australian workplaces.
The Professional Year Program in Information Technology is open to international students who have obtained a degree in IT from Australian universities. It is designed to help improve the graduates' qualifications and employability by providing them with job readiness training and a 12-week IT internship placement.
The 44-week program is developed by the Australian Computer Society or ACS and endorsed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to help address the shortage of qualified IT professionals in the country.
Benefits of Professional Year Program - IT
Successfully completing IT Professional Year enables international graduates to enjoy the following benefits:
- 5 extra points towards their permanent residency application
- Receive ongoing career assistance during and after the completion of program
- Additional pathway from university to employment within Australia
- Professional Year Program certificate
In addition to these benefits, the program can also help IT professionals achieve the following goals and objectives:
- Learn from certified IT experts
- Work with reputable Australian organisations during their industrial placement
- Familiarise themselves with the Australian workplace, work practices, and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) requirements
- Become a better team member
- Improve their career prospects
To be eligible for the program, candidates must be able to fulfil the following requirements:
- Completed a recognised IT degree that provides a minimum of 2 years credit points at an Australian university or learning institution. This degree must be completed within a minimum of 18 months.
- Obtained or applied for a Graduate (Temporary) Visa (subclass 485) that is valid for at least 12 months.
- Have an IELTS score of 6.0 and not less than 6.0 in any skill.
At Professional Year Program, we have only the students' best interest at heart. We work closely with the leading accredited providers of the ACS Professional Year Program in Computing/ICT so we can provide IT professionals with the best service there is. Also, over the years, we have helped dozens of students secure admission at to some of the most reputable Professional Year institutes in Australia.
Take the first step towards securing a Professional Year Program certificate. Contact us today!