The Professional Year Program - Accounting seeks to provide accounting professionals and international accounting students who graduated from an Australian university with the means to improve their qualifications and employability by offering them job readiness training and a 12-week accounting internship placement. This enables the students to develop the skills and knowledge that will help them take advantage of excellent job opportunities in Australia and succeed in their chosen careers.
Designed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand, and the Institute of Public Accountants, the 44-week program is approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to address Australia's skills shortage in the field of accounting.
Benefits of Professional Year Program - Accounting
Completing the program gives students access to the following benefits:
- Earn five (5) additional points towards their permanent residency application
- Receive ongoing career assistance during and after the completion of program
- Opportunities to join relevant professional bodies and industry-specific workshops
- Chance to build a network with industry professionals
- Boost your Australian career prospects
- Professional Year Program certificate
Apart from these benefits, the Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting can also help the students learn how to:
- Better understand the Australian workplace, work practices, and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) requirements
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Be a better team member
- Provide clients with efficient and effective services
- Ensure their career advancement
To be eligible for the program, you must be able to fulfil the following requirements:
- Completed a recognised accounting degree, which provides a minimum of 2 year credit points, from an Australian university over the course of at least 18 months.
- Obtained or applied for a Graduate (Temporary) Visa (subclass 485) that is valid for at least 12 months.
- Obtained an IELTS score of 6.0 and not less than 6.0 in any skill.
- Obtained a Migrations Skills Assessment (or evidence of the application thereof) from an accounting professional association.