A professional year program is a professional program designed by the universities of Australia to develop the working skill and professionalism of the graduates. A professional year program makes a graduate have a feel of the workplace of the professional world and how they should prepare themselves in order to get success in their respective field. A professional year program may last for a maximum of 12 months depending on the choice of your course.
A professional year program is mainly designed for students who are looking forward to permanently residing in Australia and work there. The program gives the graduates a taste of the environment at which they will be working. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection allows only graduates completing a professional program year to apply for a permanent citizenship in the country.
WHY IS IT BENEFICIAL?
There are a number of reasons for which a professional program year is beneficial for the graduates:
- Through this professional year program a graduate has the opportunity to gain proper work experience through various internships in an Australian company
- The professional program year helps you to understand the culture and practices of the Australian workplace so that one does not have any problem while recruited in a particular company
- With the help of professional program year a graduate gets the opportunity to learn how to communicate in a professional manner in the Australian workplace
- A graduate gets the opportunity to receive 5 extra points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection point test to apply for the required skill. This generally gives you an upper hand of not only gain experience in the workplace but also the chances of working in Australia also increases.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR PROFESSIONAL YEAR PROGRAM?
There are certain criteria that are needed to be fulfilled by a graduate to enroll themselves in the program. The given lists are:
- To apply for the program you need to have completed your degree of graduation in the related field of higher education program in Australia mainly in the field of accounting, computer science and engineering or a field that is closely related to the subject
- The graduate should have a temporary skilled graduate visa which allows the graduate to stay in the country for at least 18 months after the completion of the graduation program. But to apply for this visa one should be below the age of 50 and have completed an eligible graduation degree within the last 6 months for at least 2 years of study in Australia. The graduate should also hold a proper skill required for a particular occupation that is listed in the Skilled Occupation List by the government. Engineering students who have got their graduation degree from outside Australia are also eligible to apply for the professional year program in engineering if their skill is good enough to get them skilled recognized temporary visa.
- It is very important for a graduate to pass the IELTS test with a minimum score of 6 or equivalent
Professional Year Program Perth makes the graduate efficient enough to face the world and give them a boost in their career. They are producing excellent results in the field of producing excellent candidates best suited to work in the Australian environment. For any counseling regarding your professional year program please contact Professional Year Program Perth.